1 Mile Walk: 10:30 AM
Online Registration Closed - Register at the Event
* Athletes needs to be present at 8:30 AM
* Both Events Start at Carolina Day School
1345 Hendersonville Road
5K Run Event
Asheville Eye Associates’ 5th Annual Run the Forest 5K and 1 Mile Walk is a community wellness event which will benefit Children’s Welfare League, a non profit organization. Children’s Welfare League of Asheville has held one common purpose: to improve the lives and education of the children of Buncombe County. Today we support 222 promising but financially vulnerable high school students by providing them much-needed monthly stipends. We give emergency funding to students identified by high school social workers. We fund endowed scholarships at the University of North Carolina Asheville and Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College so local students can achieve the dream of continuing their education.
- Grand Prix Series: The 5th Annual Run the Forest 5K is part of the 2016 Asheville Track Club Grand Prix Series. Learn more here : https://ashevilletrackclub.org/
- Race Schedule: September 16th at 9:00am. 1 Mile Walk will follow 5K.
- Certified 5K with chip timing by Right on Time Productions
- “Like” us on Facebook for race updates – https://www.facebook.com/RuntheForest5KAsheville/
1 Mile Run
RACE SHIRTS ARE GUARANTEED TO THE FIRST 300 REGISTERED RUNNERS!
If you’ve pre-registered, early packet pickup is available for participants registered on , September 15th at Asheville Eye Associates’ 8 Medical Park Drive office from 12:00 noon until 5:00pm. Packets may also be picked up beginning at 7:15am on Saturday, September 16th at Carolina Day School, 1345 Hendersonville Road, Asheville, NC 28803 (the start and end point for the 5K and 1 Mile Walk).
$100 Cash Prize to Overall top female and Overall top male. $100 cash prize to overall top female Masters and top male Masters. Cash prizes to top 3 male and female in the following categories.
1-6, 7-10, 11-13, 14-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 54-59, and 60 and over.