1 Mile Walk: 10:30 AM
**Online registration has closed - register on race day before the event starts. **
* Athletes needs to be present at 8:30 AM
* Both Events Start at Carolina Day School
1345 Hendersonville Road
5K Run Event
Asheville Eye Associates’ 4th Annual Run the Forest 5K and 1 Mile Walk is a community wellness event which will benefit IronGirls, a 501 © (3) non profit. IronGirls is a nonprofit program designed to help girls navigate the complex transitions of adolescence by utilizing a physical fitness program to teach life skills in a safe and supportive environment. Click here for more information on IronGirls www.irongirlsavl.org
- Grand Prix Series: The 4th Annual Run the Forest 5K is part of the 2016 Asheville Track Club Grand Prix Series. Learn more here : https://ashevilletrackclub.org/
- Race Schedule: Saturday, September 24 at 9:00am. 1 Mile Walk will follow 5K.
- Certified 5K with chip timing by Right on Time Productions
- “Like” us on Facebook for race updates – https://www.facebook.com/RuntheForest5KAsheville/
1 Mile Run
RACE SHIRTS ARE GUARANTEED TO THE FIRST 300 REGISTERED RUNNERS!
If you’ve pre-registered, early packet pickup is available for participants registered on Friday, September 23rd at Asheville Eye Associates’ 8 Medical Park Drive office from 12:00 noon until 5:00pm. Packets may also be picked up beginning at 7:15am on Saturday, September 24 at Carolina Day School, 1345 Hendersonville Road, Asheville, NC 28803 (the start and end point for the 5K and 1 Mile Walk).
$100 Cash Prize to Overall top female and Overall top male. $100 cash prize to overall top female Masters and top male Masters. Cash prizes to top 3 male and female in the following categories.
1-6, 7-10, 11-13, 14-18, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 54-59, and 60 and over.